Appropriate Technology India Bhatwari, Uttarakhand
Appropriate Technology India is an NGO registered under the Societies Act 1860. ATI has been working in Uttarakhand since the early 1990’s with the dual objectives of biopersity conservation and economic development. These objectives are derived from the premise that, when local communities secure economic and managerial control over their natural resources and have access to necessary information and technical and financial support, they will have the incentive to work actively toward the long-term conservation of these resources.
AT India is looking for a qualified and experienced Livestock Officer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensuring planning, implementation and monitoring of the project activities with Project Manager and Management team of ATI.
- Responsible for overall management of Dairy sector for AT India and implementing the animal husbandry related dairy program activities ranging from training of dairy producer groups on improved dairy management practices.
- Candidate should be well versed with animal husbandry and dairy components including veterinary physiology, nutrients, feed, feeding of farm animals, forage crop production, (cattle, pig, poultry, goat and sheep husbandry), shed and shelter management, reproduction and lactation, artificial insemination etc.
- Developing cutting edge and contemporary training modules for training of dairy producers on improved package of practices.
- Training of trainers including training of dairy technicians for AT India on various components of dairy management.
- Spearheading AT India's engagement in other livestock based interventions in future and leading dairy value chain for AT India including formation of women based dairy cooperatives, milk collection and supply chain development.
- Ensuring timely completion of activities through handholding and guiding Project Team members including Field Facilitators, Diary Producer Groups.
- Preparation and submission of Monthly reports on activities conducted under the project.
- Responsible for ensuring the sustainability of dairy enterprises developed under the project.
- Ensuring and adhering to the compliances of managing the proper utilization of funds under the predefined activities.
- Dairy Manager under the project will also assist in preparation and development of proposals for upcoming project and implementation of similar projects within other projects.
Qualifications and Skills
- Three to Five years of relevant experience in the field of Animal Husbandry and Dairying implementation projects.
- Masters in Veterinary Science from recognized animal husbandry universities.
- Fresher candidates with relevant educational background will be considered.
- Prior experience in animal husbandry and dairy with NGOs will be given priority.
- The candidate should be well versed with English, Hindi / Garhwali speaking and writing.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹30,000.00 to ₹40,000.00 /month