Pashu Sandesh, 26 October 2017
Associations are formed to safeguard the interests of the stakeholders. On various occasions, Associations have also acted as a bridge between the Governments and the stakeholders. Veterinary Associations across various states of India are formed on the same principles and have been instrumental in voicing the demands of the Vets. Pashu Sandesh is making an effort to bring out the achievements and accolades of the various Veterinary Associations of India. In this series of articles, we are today highlighting the achievements of the Himachal Pradesh Veterinary Officers Association’s (HPVOA) achievements. It is an attempt to inform all the other Veterinary Associations of the country about each other exploits so that an integrated strategy may be formed sometime in the future at the national level.
Present HPVOA came to existence on 25-12-2016. HPVOA has performed superbly under the dynamic leadership of its President Dr. Arun Sirkeck.In conversation with the Pashu Sandesh, Dr. Sirkeck and HPVOA Secretary Dr. Madhur Gupta has provided the details of the achievements of the HPVOA over the Years:
1) Placement of 80 new veterinary officers on a contract basis, out of which 40 appointments have been done on the batch-wise basis and 40 are under the process of placements by H.P service commission for which written examination has already been conducted
2) 45 vet dispensaries got upgraded to vet hospitals with the creation of new 45 posts of vet officers
3) Regularisation of 39 vet officers after completion of 3 years of contractual service
4) DPC for 82 vet officers got done for granting 4 tier time scale
5) Promotions of 27 vet officers to senior vet officers,8 senior vet officers to assistant directors,7 assistant directors to deputy directors,2 deputy director to joint directors got done
6) Up gradation of 8 vet hospitals.
7) creation of one post of Joint Director sheep and goat at the Directorate of A.H, Shimla H.P
8) Creation of one new post of Additional Director A.H
9) Up gradation of vet hospital Mandi to zonal hospital Mandi with creation of 3 new posts of postgraduate vet officers @ surgery, medicine n gynecology respectively
Pashu Sandesh congratulate Dr. Arun and his team.Keep watching this space to read about the achievements of other Veterinary Associations of India.