Notification for MSc in Wild Life at WII
Pashu Sandesh, 21 February 2019
WildLife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun has issued a notification regarding MSc in WildLife program at the institute.
About the course:
- The course is affiliated with the Saurashtra University, Rajkot (Gujarat).
- It is a two-year course which is open to both Indian and foreign nationals.
- As per the institute, a total of 20 students will be selected for the 2019-21 batch out of which 15 seats are reserved for Indian candidates.
- In case five foreign candidates are not selected, these seats will also be open to Indian students.
Eligibility criteria for WII admissions 2019:
The candidates must possess a degree in science, medical science, engineering, veterinary science, agriculture, forestry, pharmacy, social science and computer science from a recognised institute. Admission to MSc course is on the basis of NET entrance exam, Personal Aptitude Test and interview
Note: Candidates in the final year have to submit pass certificate by August 2019.
Candidates should not be more than 25 years old as in July 2019.
Note: Relaxation of three years for OBC and five years for SC/ ST category candidates is provided.
- Candidates will have to pay Rs 5,32,800 as course fee.
- For SAARC nations the fee is US$ 12,200 and for other nationals, it is US$ 14,400.
Scholarships for WII admissions 2019:
- As per WII, eight Indian students will be selected for a scholarship which will cover the academic fee and hostel charges.
- Apart from this, a monthly stipend of Rs 3,000 per month will also be granted to the selected students.
- The application process for the same will conclude on April 25, 2019.