Govt to provide support to Dairy Farmers affected during Lockdown
Pashu Sandesh, 05 April 2022
Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, GOI is undertaking steps to provide support to the Dairy Farmers affected by the Lockdown during the COVID19 pandemic. Modi's Government is leaving no stone unturned to support Dairy Farmers, whom it considers a key contributor to the Indian Economy. Here are the few measures Government has undertaken:
- A new component to provide one-time support in the form of Interest subvention on working capital loans was introduced for the financial year 2020-21 under the ongoing scheme Support to State Dairy Cooperative & Farmers Producers Organization scheme (SDCFPO).
- Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying has been implementing a Central Sector scheme for dairy development Dairy Processing & Infrastructure Development Fund (DIDF) to modernize the milk and milk products processing plants and machinery.
- Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying has been implementing National Programme for Dairy Development with the objective to create dairy infrastructure for procurement, processing and marketing of milk and milk products.
- Kisan Credit Card- For the first time the KCC Scheme has also been extended for all farmers involved in the animal husbandry sector including dairy farming.
- Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying has been implementing Rashtriya Gokul Mission (RGM) with the aim of developing and conservation of indigenous bovine breeds, genetic up-gradation of the bovine population and enhancing milk production and productivity of bovines thereby making milk production more remunerative to the farmers.
- The government of India is also implementing Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund (AHIDF) worth Rs. 15000 crore to facilitate incentivisation of investments in the establishment of dairy processing and value addition infrastructure.